Archive for October, 2017
If You’re Looking for Puppies for Sale in Roanoke, Puppy Love Has the Best Selection in the Virginia State!
Puppy Love is so much more than just small animals, birds, reptiles, fish and supplies! Many people don’t realize that we also carry more breeds of puppies than any other location in the state. This includes many different kinds of small, medium and large breed puppies for sale for you to kiss, cuddle and love on!
How you can interact with our puppies for sale
Our puppy socialization rooms make it easy for you and your family to bond with your potential new puppy in privacy. Our knowledgeable Pet Counselors can work with you on which puppies might be right for your situation and environment. We can also advise you on which puppies fit your energy level, so everybody stays happy and healthy! Since we have tons of different breeds, we can definitely find the perfect one for you!
What our puppies come home with
We have special packages that will help you take home everything you need to properly train your new pupper. When it comes to housebreaking and teething, you want to be ahead of the curve when it comes to training. You wouldn’t want to sacrifice a new pair of shoes or an expensive rug to an untrained puppy. Our Pet Counselors will walk you through pet ownership in an easy to understand way, so the whole family can be in on the fun!
Our puppies always have the most extensive medical records
When it comes to the best in vaccinations, wormings and preventative medications, Puppy Love cannot be beat! We believe that to truly stand behind the health of our puppies for sale, they need to have the best medical care available. We also have the highest buying standards for puppies of any other pet retail location. We want to continue to raise the bar for the medical care of both puppies and puppy parents in this industry. Check out more at our Puppy Love Cares website!
Those sad eyes, wrinkly faces and trip-over worthy ears, our Basset hound puppies will be love at first sight!
The Basset hound is thought to come from as far back as the 1500s when the French were using low slung, heavy-bodied hounds to trail rabbits. The word “bas” is French for “low” befitting the Basset hound’s signature stature. For hunters, the Basset was the ideal companion as its slow and steady gait was easy to trail after. In the United States, the Basset quickly moved on from hunting dog to beloved family pet. Familiarized to the public by cartoons, commercials and mascots, the Basset remains a very popular large breed dog to this day. This laid-back breed is easily one of the most recognizable in the dog world, but what else do you know about Basset? Don’t worry, that’s where we come in! Read on for interesting facts about the Basset hound. Puppy Love often has Basset hound puppies for sale in Roanoke, VA, check them out on our available puppies page!
This hound dog will steal your heart, check out more on their breed and personality:
- Bassets are heavy-boned dogs with a thick body on short, stubby legs. Because they are a large breed, Bassets are slow maturing dogs, often not reaching full size until two years old. They have an average weight of 40-80lbs!
- The Basset has a short, shiny coat that comes in typical hound colors: red and white and tri-color, with ticking being fairly common. They don’t require much grooming and are considered average to heavy shedders.
- The Basset hound is a friendly, outgoing breed. Originally used hunting with a pack, they tend to be good with other dogs and other pets. Bassets are people oriented and get along well with children.
- Because they are hound dogs, they have that deep baying bark typical of the category. They do better having a bigger environment and yard, even though they have minimal exercise requirements, as they like to wander scenting around.
- Bassets need patience and a firm hand with training. They have a keen mind, but get distracted easily.
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Basset hound owner? We think so too! Give us a call today to learn more about the Basset hound puppies in our store!
Sheltie puppies for sale are some of the sweetest and most beautiful around and Puppy Love has them!
The small, active Shetland Sheepdog, affectionately nicknamed the Sheltie, was once a Scottish farmer’s best friend: sounding the alarm when anyone approached the property, barking at birds and other animals to shoo them from the garden, and later, with crosses to Scottish herding dogs, keeping the sheep flocks in line. While at first glance they look like a smaller version of the Collie, the two are distinctly different breeds. Now, the Sheltie puppies for sale in Virginia are mostly a family pet and very popular ones to boot!
Read on for more interesting facts about the Shetland Sheepdog:
- The Shetland Sheepdog stands between 13 and 16 inches tall at the shoulder, but it’s not unusual for them to be over- or undersize. A typical Sheltie weighs about 22 pounds, but a large one can weigh as much as 35 or 40 pounds. They have an average lifespan of 12-15 years.
- Shelties are loving companions for all members of the family, including the kids, but they can be reserved or even shy around strangers. Because of their protective nature, they’re quick to bark if they sense that anything’s amiss in their territory.
- Because of their intelligence, willingness to please, and athletic ability, Shelties excel at performance events. However, they have a drive to be active and they need several walks and playtime daily to be happy.
- They can do well in many different environments, as long as they can be near their owners and have ample playtime.
- While Shelties are very smart, you need to have patience while training them. Make training fun, with lots of affectionate pats and treats. Treats are always the best way to your pup’s heart!
Even though Shelties are a popular breed, they can be hard to find! That’s where Puppy Love comes in! We buy from only the most caring, reputable breeders and we stand behind our puppies 100%. Want to check out all of our Sheltie puppies for sale, click here for our available puppies page. And, as always, give us a call to make an appointment to come get some cuddles today!