Labrador Retriever Puppies for Sale: Puppy Love Has What You’re Looking For!
Do You Think Labrador Retriever Puppies for Sale in Roanoke, Virginia Could Be Right for You and Your Family?
While there are many popular breeds in the US, there are none quite like the Labrador! The ultimate family dog, hiking companion and all-around lovable four-legged family member, the Lab has been the number one most popular breed for many years. Here at Puppy Love, we like to think this is because the Lab has many great qualities for many types of homes. The Lab is one of our favorite breeds for families, with many people adding more than one to their ranks. But like with any breed, the Lab needs to fit in well with your family and environment, so everybody stays happy! Because we specialize in matching the right pet with the perfect family, we like to give you as much information as possible on the dog breed you’re considering, so you can make an educated choice. So, here is the blog we put together for the Labrador Retriever puppies for sale that we have in our store! Want to check out some pictures first? We don’t blame you! Here are our available puppies, right here.
Check out some interesting facts about the famous Labrador Retriever:
- The Lab is actually from Newfoundland, where it got its start as a (you guessed it!) retriever of fowl and small game for hunters. Their short, very dense and water resistant coats helped these dogs wade into the colder waters of the North.
- Labradors were officially recognized by the AKC in 1917 in their sporting group. They are accepted in three colors, yellow, chocolate and black with no additional markings.
- These are large breed dogs with an average weight of 55-75lbs and a lifespan of 10-14 years.
- Because of their working dog roots, the Lab is a very active breed. This means lots of walks, playtime and anything else you can think up daily. They work best with an active family, especially with children to help them get out all that energy!
- Even though their coats are short, Labs require brushing and de-shedding constantly to keep their undercoats looking nice.